Comfort Suites at the Isle of Palms Connector in Mount Pleasant is now hiring for a Front Desk Agent. Full time position requires someone with a great personality, sense of teamwork, and ability to use computers. If you like to work hard and have fun at work while serving others, you will love to join our team!
Hourly pay, retention bonuses, contests and Choice Privileges points…and fun people…
- Eligible for employee discounted rooms with Choice Hotels Brands
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Health Insurance available for full time
- Flexible work hours
- Employee lunches
- Birthday Bonus
- Retention bonuses
- Yearly bonuses
Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay. Determines a guest’s reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay and assigns rooms accommodating special requests whenever possible. Verifies the guest’s method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Works closely with the housekeeping department in keeping room status reports up-to-date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work. Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices. Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
Duties and Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
1. Registers guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
2. Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
3. Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit, check cashing, and cash-handling policies and procedures.
4. Understands room status and room status tracking.
5. Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
6. Uses suggesting selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
7. Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
8. Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same-day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancelation procedures.
9. Knows how to use front office equipment.
10. Processes guest check-outs.
11. Posts and files all charges to guest, master, and city ledger accounts.
12. Uses proper telephone etiquette.
13. Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.
14. Attends department meetings.
15. Coordinates guest room maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division.
16. Knows all safety and emergency procedures. Is aware of accident prevention policies.
17. Completes duties and confirms on shift checklist as assigned.
18. Various other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
wejobslert.com IS NOT A RECRUITING WEBSITE, instead we just sharing latest job updates from top rated companies in the middle east to help job seekers around the world.