Cashier / Sales Associate One Stop Food Stores
Davison, MI 48423
We are a family company who has been in business in Genesee for over 75 years. Our success comes from the hard work and incredible efforts of our dedicated team members. 24 hours, 7 days per week we strive to provide our customers with friendly, helpful, professional service – making every effort to assist them before, during and after their transaction. WE ARE IN THE BUSINESS OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. If you do not enjoy being positive, helping others or working with the public, this job is not for you. Our customers are the lifeline of our business and our customer service is the reason why we continue to be the best in the industry.
Statement of the Job:
Every team member is responsible for the proper and efficient operation of his or her shift, within Company policy, in such a manner as to ensure that the shift contributes to the increased profitability of the store. The term cashier/sales associate applies to the positions of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift team members, both full and part time. We do not hire for specific shifts and/or days and each team member is expected to be available for all days and all shifts, including Holidays. However, we will make every effort to provide flexible scheduling in an attempt to accommodate the requests of our team members. Educational, Identification and Contact Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent would be preferred.
- Must have Michigan residency for the past three (3) months.
- Must have a Valid Michigan driver’s license or Michigan I.D. card.
- Must have a verifiable work history or personal references.
- Must have a home phone or cell phone.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Requirements of the Job:
- Be able to read, understand, and write the English language at the high school graduate level.
- Be able to perform mathematical calculations at the high school graduate level in order to make change,
complete shift reports, store auditing and account for shift controls including vendor check-in.
- Have sufficient visual ability to check identifications and process credit cards.
- Be able to read and understand instruction for operating electronic cash registers, lotto terminals, and other
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cases of milk cartons and soft drinks, cases of beer and juice, boxes of
oil, etc, during your shift.
- Be able to bend, reach and where necessary climb on approved stools to stock shelves and coolers.
- Be able to react to a fire by lifting a fire extinguisher weighing 25 pounds and moving it to the area of the fire.
- Be able to bend in order to pull up a metal plate weighing 20 pounds and to pull off metal cap from the
underground storage tank or carwash pit.
- Be able to tolerate exposure to gasoline fumes and cleaning products.
- Be able to climb a ladder to clean windows and change gasoline prices.
- Be able to speak and understand English, including the ability to hear the spoken word.
- Be able to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves, and lift and carry out trash containers and place in an outside
- Be able to enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 38 degrees for up to 20 minutes at a time
- Must be able to be on your feet for long periods of time, up to 10 hours.
- Must be in good enough health to perform the job
- Criminal Background must not contain a conviction of a misdemeanor or felony that would be related to this
type of job, for example: embezzlement or a violent crime. Any change in background must be brought to
Human Resource Department for Review
– original job
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to One Stop Food Stores.
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed
wejobslert.com IS NOT A RECRUITING WEBSITE, instead we just sharing latest job updates from top rated companies in the middle east to help job seekers around the world.