Culinary Manager Romano’s Macaroni Grill
Rochester, NY 14623
The Culinary Manager supports the Management Team in all aspects ensuring of the restaurant’s operational needs are met. The Culinary Manager must demonstrate strong communication skills and leadership abilities. The Culinary Manager is responsible for
the selection and development of Team Members, while upholding all Kitchen standards and ensuring all food and beverage is served according to standards. The Culinary Manager is responsible for maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment which is compliant
with all applicable operational standards and health regulations. In addition, they must coach Team Member’s performance – remaining friendly and flexible— resulting in the best Guest experience possible.
Specifically, the Culinary Manager ensures consistent kitchen execution and profitability by providing and ensuring on-going quality training, coaching and follow‐through. The Culinary Manager is accountable for food cost controls, food standards, product availability,
Team Member engagement, and the Guest experience as it relates to kitchen operations.
The Culinary Manager reports directly to the General Manager and works in tandem with the General Manager to achieve the financial and staffing-related goals of the restaurant.
A current Team Member who wishes to become a General Manager must first demonstrate success in fulfilling the duties of Culinary Manager.
KEY PERFORMANCE ELEMENTS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Strong understanding of all Dining Room and Kitchen systems and operations; must demonstrate the ability to run effective shifts in all aspects of the restaurant.
- Provides direction, coaching and leadership for all Kitchen Team Members, including training them regarding safety and sanitation, Ecosure standards and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for establishing and appropriately communicating goals and achievement of same to General Manager and/or Director of Operations on a regular basis.
- Communicates effectively with the Management Team.
- Ensures completion of tasks for each shift according to the SMART checklist.
- Ensures the Management Team’s, and Team Members’ continued development and focus on food knowledge.
- Effectively ensures maintenance of the restaurant’s facility, both exterior and interior, to RMG standards (clean, neat, and organized) and ensures sufficient supply levels of tools available for the Kitchen team to execute their responsibilities.
- Writes Kitchen schedule that effectively maintains labor goals and Guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for posting Kitchen schedule in a timely manner. Ensures adequate advance notice is provided for holidays.
- Ensures 100% adherence to all aspects of food quality.
- Upholds all Ecosure standards in the Kitchen.
- Conducts full Ecosure walk once a month and follows up on findings.
- Conducts Self Health inspections.
- Oversees and provides direction for daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules.
- Ensures that facilities’ preventive maintenance programs are implemented and followed, utilizing company programs.
- Helps ensure a safe work environment for everyone, including 100% use of safety tools (cut gloves, wet floor signs, etc.)
- Maintains integrity of the PMIX Tool through updating and ensuring daily usage.
- Maintains accuracy and quality of all printed recipes and line builds. Makes them available for Team Members’ and Managers’ reference.
- Ensures maintenance of food storage area sanitation and standards.
- Ensures all kitchen areas meet local and state health code regulations.
- Ensures all kitchen areas meet Ecosure standards.
- Purchases only from approved Romano’s Macaroni Grill vendors.
- Orders and verifies upon receipt all food and supply products for the restaurant, utilizing knowledge of the market, guest preferences, and seasonal trends in order to maximize the restaurant’s profitability and guests’ experience.
- Directs the planning, implementation and Kitchen Team Member training for all menu and specials rollouts in the restaurant, with 100% adherence to specifications, builds and standards.
- Maintains awareness of Guest Excellence Review results for areas specific to kitchen execution.
- Assists in planning and leading All‐Team Member meetings.
- Ensures dress code standards are met 100%.
- Communicates effectively with vendors, addressing food, supply, delivery or scheduling concerns as needed.
- Provides direction, coaching, and leadership for all Kitchen Team Members including training, safety and sanitation, and company policies and procedures.
- Interviews and hires all Kitchen Team Members, maintaining appropriate staffing par levels.
- Completes PASTA Feedback for Team Members each shift.
- Completes all BOH Performance Appraisals.
- Recommends appropriate pay‐increase percentages to the General Manager.
- Coordinates with the Kitchen Development Coordinator the training, development and scheduling of new Kitchen Team Members.
- Coordinates training, Ecosure communications, development, selection and scheduling of Kitchen Developers and the Kitchen Development Coordinator.
- Ensures completion of Skills Assessments for all Kitchen Team Members.
- Holds regular Kitchen Team Member meetings, including workshops, recognizing what we do well and what we can improve (GXR results, Ecosure standards, safety, cost controls, quality and execution).
- Selects, with the General Manager’s approval, the Kitchen Development Coordinator position.
- Ensures development of Kitchen Development Coordinator.
- Leads and coaches the Kitchen Development Coordinator to organize and follow through on all training.
- Ensures that any Kitchen On‐The‐Road Developers have attended the appropriate development workshop.
- Assists in the training and Skills Assessments of all hourly Team Members in food safety and sanitation.
- Selects, with General Manager approval, trains and develops, Culinary Support Team Members.
- Responsible for supply cost center, inventory and budgeting.
- Responsible for food inventory control.
- Responsible for food cost and kitchen wages to meet financial goals.
- Manages weekly food and supply inventories and reconciles.
- Plans for and depletes inventory of food no longer on the menu.
- Responsible for meeting the restaurant’s financial goals including cost of sales (managing ordering and inventory); labor (through use of labor planning and scheduling with Scheduling Functions); and hiring, developing and retaining the very best Team Members.
- Implements and manages plans that result in improved financial (sales and cost centers) performance regarding all Kitchen operations.
- Performing these core accountabilities should constitute at least 80-85% of the Culinary Manager’s time in order to ensure that operational standards are met.
- MIT training certification.
- Culinary school or previous culinary management experience a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills required – must be able to attract, train and retain the very best Team Members in the industry.
- Exceptionally strong Guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an exceptional dining experience for each Guest.
- Ability to define, measure and attain stretch financial goals for the restaurant – with a focus on cost of sales, inventory and labor.
- One to two years of management experience preferred.
- Full‐service restaurant management experience preferred.
Romano’s Macaroni Grill® reserves the right to revise or change this job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Romano’s Macaroni
Grill® is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building and developing a high-quality, restaurant operating company by focusing on our key values, our team and our strategic partnerships. All qualified individuals seeking job opportunities with Romano’s
Macaroni Grill® will receive consideration for employment and promotion without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, the presence of non-job related medical conditions, or any other
basis prohibited by state or federal laws.
Inspired by Italian trattoria cuisine, culture, and conversation,Romano’s Macaroni Grill has been proudly serving unforgettable meals that…
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed
wejobslert.com IS NOT A RECRUITING WEBSITE, instead we just sharing latest job updates from top rated companies in the middle east to help job seekers around the world.