Founded in 1986, Synagro Technologies, Inc. provides environmentally sustainable solutions for commercial and municipal organizations that generate organic by-products. Synagro consistently transforms industrial and municipal waste into environmentally friendly resources that benefit our communities. As the largest recycler of organic by-products in North America, Synagro uses best-in-class processes, from beneficial reuse to renewable energy, that adhere to the strictest of environmental regulations to provide compelling solutions for communities across the continent. Serving more than 600 municipal and industrial water and wastewater facilities in the United States and Canada, Synagro’s leading systems of organic by-product management services support municipalities of all sizes in saving money and meeting environmental regulations. Visit synagro.com to learn more.
Here are some highlights on this position:
- The work environment is fast-paced and challenging.
- New employees receive 15 days paid time off to start.
- New employees receive eight paid holidays and two floating holidays.
- Dental, medical and supplemental insurance plans are available.
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan is available.
Ensures that all aspects of the company’s accounting activities are analyzed, interpreted, disseminated and documented properly, while ensuring the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) or international financial reporting standards (IFRS). Furnish financial data and reporting to various internal and external parties in order to provide financial guidance and guarantee financial compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversee the operations of all accounting staff, including the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations.
2. Develop an interactive, collaborative, positive, performance driven and value-adding accounting organization to support the achievement of the company’s goals and objectives.
3. Establish and maintain clear Performance Plans with appropriate goals and KPI’s, planning, coaching, training, monitoring and appraising job results.
4. Establish, implement and monitor a documented set of internal controls and policies to ensure conformance and compliance with U.S. GAAP, IFRS (as needed) and other statutory requirements.
5. Develop and maintain a documented system of procedures to ensure efficient operation (systems, processes and controls) of the accounting organization and accuracy of financial reporting.
6. Lead the annual year-end audit process with external auditors, including the development of the audited financial statements and related footnotes.
7. Oversee the U.S statutory tax planning and compliance requirements, including federal and state income, real and personal property, franchise, value-added, and sales and use taxes.
8. Oversee the preparation of work papers needed to support the annual tax provision, quarterly tax reporting, and related compliance filings.
9. Assist with various internal and external reporting requirements (reporting to private equity parent, BOD reporting, management reporting, debt compliance, etc.).
10. Oversee revenue recognition according to company’s policies and research technical accounting issues.
1. Ability to inspire, motivate and lead a large group of people with differing experience and skills.
2. Ability to build strong relationships with, and influence, the functional leaders across the organization.
3. Technology savvy with business transformation experience – ERP implementations, implementing/improving process and control environments (SOX, SOX-lite), etc.
4. Strong analytical, organization and problem solving skills which drives strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
5. Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Ability to multi- task, meet deadlines and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
7. Strong understanding of internal controls and ability to provide assurance that all control/review functions are working properly.
8. Ability and desire to translate complex accounting concepts to individuals at all levels and functions of the business.
1. 15+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large company.
2. Bachelor’s (BS/BA) degree in Accounting.
3. Certified Public Accountant or equivalent designation.
4. Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
5. Proficiency in MS Office (excel, word, power point).
6. Experience with NetSuite is preferred.
7. Solid experience leading accounting activities: general ledger, accounts payable, billing/collections, tax, audit activities and reporting.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. The majority of the time, the worker is subject to inside environmental conditions
2. This position requires some travel where the worker may be subject to additional environments
3. Sitting, Standing, and Walking
We thank all individuals for their interest in Synagro however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
wejobslert.com IS NOT A RECRUITING WEBSITE, instead we just sharing latest job updates from top rated companies in the middle east to help job seekers around the world.