Canteen Clerk State of Wyoming
Torrington, WY 82240
$14.39 an hour
This position will assist the Canteen Manager in the duties of filling & delivering orders, inventory control, ordering merchandise & supplies and supervising the inmate workers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Maintains a segment of a fiscal system and multiple databases.
- Posts fiscal/statistical data, perform calculations, balances totals and verifies, sorts and sequences fiscal documents.
- Investigates and either resolves issues with out-of-balance conditions and system irregularities or brings to management attention if unable to do so.
- Disburses fiscal information pertaining to canteen purchase/receipts and sales.
- Delivery of purchases to the inmate population
- Assists in the inventory of all products sold in the canteen.
- In addition, will eventually need to learn and be able to perform the duties of the Canteen Manager to be able to cover that job periodically in the absence of the Canteen Manager.
Preference may be given to those having experience in product sales/ordering and maintaining a large inventory.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, codes, regulations and policies, technical processes and procedures related to the department.
- Knowledge of computer program applications, data management, and record keeping.
- Knowledge of the principles and procedures of financial record keeping and reporting, basic accounts payable and purchasing.
- Knowledge of techniques for providing a high level of customer service.
Associate’s Degree (typically in Business)
0-1 year of progressive work experience (typically in Business Office Communications) with acquired knowledge at the level of an Office Assistant II
Education & Experience Substitution:
2-4 years of progressive work experience (typically in Business Office Communications) with acquired knowledge at the level of an Office Assistant II
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.
- The Wyoming Department of Corrections is a Drug-Free Workplace. All staff are subject to drug testing while employed by the WDOC. The Wyoming Department of Corrections is a Tobacco-Free Workplace and prohibits the taking, carrying, possessing or introducing of smoking materials, smokeless tobacco, or tobacco substitutes on or into WDOC facilities and grounds.
- The Wyoming Department of Correction is in compliance with the Federal Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) of 2003. It is the policy and practice of WDOC to protect inmates/offenders from personal abuse, corporal punishment, personal injury, disease, property damage and harassment and the elimination of prison rape.
- Successful Applicants for employment must pass a background/reference check, medical evaluation, and drug test prior to appointment.
- WDOC offers a competitive benefits package including: medical, dental and life insurance, paid vacations and sick leave, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement program, Wyoming State Retirement and 457 deferred compensation program, longevity pay and opportunities for advancement.
080-Department of Corrections – Prisons – Wyoming Medium Correctional Institution
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed
wejobslert.com IS NOT A RECRUITING WEBSITE, instead we just sharing latest job updates from top rated companies in the middle east to help job seekers around the world.